Utrecht,
12
April
2017

Boatmen’s Pension Fund awards € 100 million investment mandate to a.s.r. Asset Management

Summary

The Boatmen’s Pension Fund (Port of Rotterdam) Foundation (SPRH) has awarded a.s.r. Asset Management an investment mandate for part of its investment portfolio, worth € 100 million. SPRH is the occupational pension fund of the Royal Boatmen’s Association Eendracht (KRVE).

KRVE

65 percent of SPRH’s mandate to a.s.r. consists of fixed-income securities (government and corporate bonds and interest rate overlay) and the remaining 35 percent of other asset classes, particularly equities.

SPRH’s original name when it was founded in 1933 was Stichting Pensioenfonds Opkomst RVE. The pension fund currently has 680 members, all of whom work or have worked in the Port of Rotterdam. The services provided by the boatmen involve the mooring and unmooring of seagoing vessels, harbour pilot transport and other shipping-related activities.

Ralph van den Boogaard, chairman of SPRH, says: 'We have awarded this mandate to a.s.r. Asset Management because of their excellent track record in asset management. a.s.r. has a wealth of knowledge and experience, and can provide us with a tailor-made service designed to take account of the obligations of our pension fund. What’s more, some of a.s.r.’s own roots lie in Rotterdam. We particularly like the fact that our two organizations have a shared ‘roll-up-your-sleeves’ mentality.'

Jack Julicher, Chief Investment Officer at a.s.r., comments: 'I’m very happy that, in such a highly competitive market, the Boatmen’s Pension Fund has chosen a.s.r. Asset Management. We see this as a ringing endorsement of our integrated approach, which combines a tailor-made service with sustainability.'

Downloads
Contact
photo:Daan  Wentholt
Daan Wentholt
Press Officer
+31 (0)6 53 35 41 56
Share this release
Share on: Twitter
Share on: Facebook
Share on: LinkedIn
Latest news